The Cleveland Browns lost 24-13 to the New York Jets on Sunday.
Cleveland receiver Josh Gordon registered a game-high 97 receiving yards on six catches. He extended his Browns season record to 1,564 yards in 13 games. His 80 receptions are the sixth-most by a Brown in a season.
Gordon entered the game leading the NFL in receiving yards and yards per catch. In addition, his 2,367 receiving yards are the most by any player in their first 29 games as a Brown.
Here are some other notes and statistics following Sunday's road loss:
MOST RECEIVING YARDS BY A BROWN, SEASON
Player Pos. Year Games Total
1. Josh Gordon WR 2013 13 1,564
2. Braylon Edwards WR 2007 16 1,289
3. Webster Slaughter WR 1989 16 1,236
MOST RECEPTIONS BY A BROWN, SEASON
Player Pos. Year Total
1. Kellen Winslow TE 2006 89
2. Ozzie Newsome TE 1984 89
3. Ozzie Newsome TE 1983 89
4. Kevin Johnson WR 2001 84
5. Kellen Winslow TE 2007 82
6. Josh Gordon WR 2013 80
Braylon Edwards WR 2007 80
8. Jordan Cameron TE 2013 75
MOST RECEIVING YARDS IN FIRST 29 GAMES WITH THE BROWNS
Player Pos. Total
1. Josh Gordon WR 2,367
2. Kellen Winslow TE 1,799
3. Mac Speedie WR 1,754
· RB Edwin Baker rushed for a team-high 64 yards, including a 5-yard touchdown. Baker, who was signed off the Texans’ practice squad on Dec. 10, has scored a touchdown in each of his two games with the Browns. According to Elias Sports Bureau, Baker joins Leroy Hoard (1990) and Ron Johnson (1969) as the only players in Browns history to score a rushing touchdown in each of their first two NFL games.
· WR Josh Cooper tied a career-high in receptions with four, while adding 26 yards.
· LT Joe Thomas extended his consecutive-snaps streak to 6,859, the longest active stretch in the league. Thomas has started all 111 games and hasn’t missed an offensive play since being selected by the Browns with the third overall pick in the 2007 draft.
· C Alex Mack has started and played in each of the first 79 games of his career. He hasn’t missed an offensive snap during his career, a stretch of 4,934 plays.
· K Billy Cundiff recorded touchbacks on all four of his kickoffs. He has 41 touchbacks on the season, the most in franchise history. He also connected on field goals from 21 and 27 yards to improve to 21 of 26 on the season.
BROWNS MOST TOUCHBACKS ON KICKOFFS, SEASON
Player Year KO TB Percent
1. Billy Cundiff 2013 61 41 67.2
2. Phil Dawson 2012 75 30 40.0
3. Matt Stover 1993 64 21 32.8
· After scoring in the first two quarters, the Browns consecutive scoring streak was snapped at 15 quarters in the third.