The four-day State Swimming and Diving Championships are underway on Wednesday morning with Division II diving in the morning and afternoon.
Things pick up from there on Thursday, so let's run down who and how many are going, and when they race. And how to stay up to date as I blog live from CT Branin Natatorium.
WHO: The breakdown of the 29 reps, by school, heading to Canton are:
• PERKINS: 11, with seven girls and four boys
• SANDUSKY: Eight, four girls and four boys
• PORT CLINTON: Six, all of them girls
• St. MARY CC, MARGARETTA, OAK HARBOR and NORWALK: One each. SMCC, Margaretta and Oak Harbor send one boy diver each, and Norwalk one girl swimmer.
That's 18 girls and 11 boys.
WHEN: The schedule of events
• WEDNESDAY: Division II boys diving at 9 a.m., Division II girls diving at 2 p.m.
• THURSDAY: Division II preliminaries at 5 p.m.
• FRIDAY: Division I preliminaries at 9 a.m., Division II finals at 5 p.m.
• SATURDAY: Division I finals at 5 p.m.
How to follow from home Two ways. I'll have a running blog here on the site that I will use to update on events, post video interviews, etc. If you're on the go, use Twitter to follow @fandydotcom and use the hashtag #StateSwim12 as I tweet from the pool deck.
Below are info boxes on the first two days.